Vestal and Arrow Peak Climbs (Wham Ridge)
- Duration: 3 Days (approx.)
- Product code: AVAP
Private and custom Weminuche Wilderness climbing is available with advance registration. Number of days will vary depending on the objectives; 3 days is standard.
$1450 for 1:1
$950pp for 2:1
(*based on a 3 day itinerary; additional days +$500)
ITINERARY – Wham ridge
Wham ridge ascends the right hand side of the 1500′ North Face of Vestal Peak. From the summit we walk off the backside and descend to the Arrow / Vestal saddle and return to base camp.
We access Vestal via the Durango / Silverton railroad. By way of the railway, we cut our approach to Vestal Basin and our base camp to five miles. Vestal Basin is a beautiful high alpine campsite with views of the Trinity Peaks and Arrow Peak.
Want to add another centennial to the list before heading out to Durango? For extra credit one can climb Arrow Peak on a third day of the itinerary.
Grenadiers, Weminuche Wilderness, Colorado
Up to 2:1
- AMGA trained/certified guide
- Federal Land Use Surcharge (USFS/BLM)
- Camping equipment & all meals
- Guide gratuity
- Train fees (approach via the iconic Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railway!)
- Personal clothing / gear: check out our recommended GEAR LIST [PDF link]
- climbers should be in good physical condition, and be comfortable with fourth and low fifth class hiking at elevation.
- Your guide will contact you prior to your scheduled trip, to discuss logistics, determine a food plan and finalize gear.
- The Weminuche Wilderness has endless alpine climbing opportunities; let our guides tailor another adventure for your tick list: such as a technical ascent of Jagged Peak or an easy hike up Engineer Mountain.
Please familiarize yourself with our Booking & Cancellation Policies.
Anyone participating in our programs must fill out a Waiver beforehand. If you are under 18, please have parent/guardian complete.